A fidget ring can help to relieve stress, anxiety and panic attacks. It’s a small and inexpensive piece of jewelry that you rotate - unnoticed - on your finger. As a result, more and more people have started to wear fidget rings, rather than carry stress balls or other stress-release objects. The rings come in a variety of designs and materials: nickel, copper, brass and stainless steel - like Stimm’s Spinning Ring - to name a few. With such a variety on the market, it’s important that you carry out some research before purchasing. Here are 5 tips to help you choose the right fidget ring for you.
Know Your Requirement
If you don’t know what sort of fidget ring you would like to buy, there’s a good chance you’ll end up wasting your money on the wrong product. Before you start searching for a fidget ring, it’s important to identify your requirements. For example, are you looking for a ring that will help to ease your anxiety, one that will help you focus while studying or one that will aid in breaking bad habits such as nail biting or leg shaking. It’s best to identify this from the outset, so you can search for the ideal fidget ring online.
Check the Material and Build Quality
It is important, when choosing a fidget ring, to identify the material and build quality. Since the ring is something you will wear most - if not all - of the time, it needs to be of sturdy construction. If you choose a plastic fidget ring, for instance, there’s a good chance it will break after a few weeks of continuous use. Always look for a ring that is made from a durable material like stainless steel, titanium, copper, brass. The ring should be scratch-resistant, as well. Don’t be afraid to ask the seller about any of these aspects.
Fidget Ring with a Finger Spinner
If you are someone who loves to keep your fingers occupied, a fidget ring with a rotating central band is the perfect choice for you. You can easily spin the band with your thumb and index finger, helping to ease anxiety and stress and combat bad habits such as nail-biting. You should note, however, that some of these spinner rings are not suitable for children under the age of 12. Also, if you’re able, check the weight of the spinner. It should be neither too heavy nor too light. If too heavy, you may feel some discomfort when using it.
Fidget Ring with a Clicker
A fidget ring with a clicker is also a popular choice. You can use the clicker to ease stress and anxiety. It can also help to sharpen your focus and concentration, when studying or at work. It’s a popular choice amongst students. When you buy a fidget ring with a clicker, make sure that the clicker is not too loud. You don’t want to distract your colleagues at work or the people sitting beside you in that important meeting!
Fidget Ring with a Glider / Disc / Ball
If you buy a fidget ring with a glider, disc or ball, make sure it’s made from a durable material. The cheaper the material, the sooner the ring will damage. In addition, the disc should have a non-static surface, like a ball bearing. This will give you the best experience possible.
Now that you know what to look for in a fidget ring, it’s time to choose the one that’s right for you. Make sure to follow our five tips, so that you don’t end up disappointed. A fidget ring is a great and affordable choice for people who want to ease their anxiety, improve focus or break a bad habit.
- Medical Daily. (2017, June 22). Importance of Choosing the Right Materials for Your Jewelry. Retrieved from https://www.medicaldaily.com/importance-choosing-right-materials-your-jewelry-420538
- Jewelry Notes. (n.d.). Different Types of Metals Used in Jewelry. Retrieved from https://www.jewelrynotes.com/different-types-of-metals-used-in-jewelry/
- Jewelry Notes. (n.d.). How to Find Comfortable Jewelry for Your Sensitive Skin. Retrieved from https://www.jewelrynotes.com/how-to-find-comfortable-jewelry-for-your-sensitive-skin/
- Jewelry Notes. (n.d.). How to Find the Perfect Jewelry Design for You. Retrieved from https://www.jewelrynotes.com/how-to-find-the-perfect-jewelry-design-for-you/
- Jewelry Notes. (n.d.). How to Make Your Jewelry Last Longer. Retrieved from https://www.jewelrynotes.com/how-to-make-your-jewelry-last-longer/
- Jewelry Notes. (n.d.). How to Find the Best Jewelry Brands. Retrieved from https://www.jewelrynotes.com/how-to-find-the-best-jewelry-brands/